Your privacy is very important to Second Hope. We are therefore committed to letting you know how we use any personal information you may give us and ensuring that such use complies with the data protection principles set out in the Data Protection Act.
Collecting your personal information
We will collect personal information about you when you contact us or make a donation. This may include your name, address, telephone number and email address.
Our use of your personal information
We will use your personal information:
- to deal with your enquiry or other matters you have raised with us
- for administration purposes, including acknowledgment of your donations
- to keep you up to date with our activities and how you may be able to help us
Unless we specify otherwise, we use your information because we consider we have a legitimate interest to do so.
We will share your data with Breast Cancer Now, our sole member and corporate trustee, who processes data on our behalf.
We will never share your information with third parties for their own purposes unless this is explained to you at the time we collect your information, you give us your permission to, we are legally required to do so or we have another legal basis for sharing such information.
Transmitting information over the internet and by email is not completely secure, and we cannot be held responsible for the security of any information sent to us in this way. However, once we receive your personal information we take appropriate measures to keep it secure, accurate and up to date.
Please send an email to email@example.com f you wish to exercise your rights:
- to know what information we hold about you
- to correct or update that information
- to ask us to erase the information we hold
- to ask us to restrict the way we use your information in certain circumstances
- to object to us using your information for direct marketing purposes, scientific or historical research or statistical purposes, or profiling related to direct marketing, based on our legitimate interests or on the performance of a task in the public interest
- to receive a copy of your information or have it transferred to another organisation in some circumstances
- where you have given us your consent to use your information in a particular way, to withdraw that consent at any time
Links to other websites
This site is not directed at anyone who we know to be under the age of 13, nor do we collect any personal information from anyone we know to be under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you should not use this site and should not submit any personal information to us.
This policy was last updated in April 2020
PLEASE DONATE TODAY